Heidi PowersPlaywright in Residence
Member Since 2017
By day, Heidi is a mild-mannered entertainment marketing and copywriting guru for the film industry. By night, she and her partners fight crime [where fight=write and crime=musicals.]
She’s a third of musical team Greene/Powers/Moore; their Bronies! The Musical premiered at Hollywood Fringe where it won Best Musical. Third Street Theatre mounted a full production and an original cast album currently available on iTunes. The trio also wrote The Real Housekeepers of Studio City, and are developing Dahlia: A Los Angeles Musical, about the life of Elizabeth Short.
Powers and Moore also collaborate on plays, screenplays, and one marriage. Their scripts for supernatural comedy Something Old and noir/children’s pilot Bubble Gumshoe were 2016 Page Awards semifinalists.
As a theatre director, Powers received her BFA from the University of Michigan. For Theatre Unleashed, she’ll bring Lauren Gunderson’s Ada and the Engine to the stage in 2019. She has helmed Macbeth for Fearless Imp and All Hail the Overlord for Shadowfest. Previously, she worked with the Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington, DC as well as the Phoenix Theatre in Indianapolis.
Posts by Member:
Posts about Member:
- 5 Questions with Alex Knox, our Charles Babbage in Ada and the Engine, March 26, 2019
- 5 Questions with Heidi Powers, director of Ada and the Engine, February 26, 2019
- Theatre Unleashed opens 2019 season with Ada and the Engine, February 19, 2019
- Happy Valentine’s Day from Theatre Unleashed, February 14, 2019
- Auditions for Ada and the Engine by Lauren Gunderson!, January 5, 2019