Clockwise from top left:
- Alex Knoxæ – Charles Babbage
- Jessie Sherman – Ada Lovelace
- Gregory Crafts*æ – Lord Lovelace
- Denise Nicholson* – Anabella Byron
- Casey Hunter – Lord Byron
- Michelle Holmes*æ – Mary Somerville
* Member of the Theatre Unleashed Ensemble
æ Appears courtesy of Actors’ Equity Association
About Ada and the Engine
As the British Industrial Revolution dawns, young Ada Byron Lovelace (daughter of the flamboyant and notorious Lord Byron) sees the boundless creative potential in the “analytic engines” of her friend and soul-mate, Charles Babbage, inventor of the first mechanical computer. Ada envisions a whole new world where art and information converge – a world she might not live to see. A music-laced story of love, friendship, and the edgiest dreams of the future. Jane Austen meets Steve Jobs in this poignant pre-tech romance heralding the computer age.
This production is presented under the auspices of the Actors’ Equity Los Angeles Membership Company Rule.
Ada and the Engine is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service.
Tickets on Sale Now
Learn more about the show on the production page.